Weight Loss Progress

Monday, September 19, 2011

Weight Watchers- Lose for Good Campaign/Lose-A-Palooza

My Lose for Good Shirt (Size L) and in Pink!!!
Today is Weight Watcher's Lose-A-Palooza Day!!!

Lose-A-Palooza is a special one-day social media event, part of the Lose For Good® campaign to benefit Share Our Strength® and Action Against Hunger. Today only, for every approved mention or acknowledgement of “Lose For Good® on Twitter, Facebook, on blogs, as well as check-ins on Facebook Places and our official Lose For Good® Community Challenge, Weight Watchers will donate $1* - up to $75,000 - as part of our Lose For Good donation to our charitable partners. 

The Lose For Good Campaign is something that Weight Watchers has done for several years now and it is a great thing! For every pound of weight that is lost at their meetings for 6 weeks (until the middle of October) Weight Watchers will donate $1 to No Kid Hungry or Action Against Hunger, up to $1 million dollars. No


Kid Hungry is an organization that focus on food shortages in AMERICA and we all should support that- no child should be hungry in America when we have such opulence of food around us. That's horrible to me on so many levels. No Kid Hungry is the organization that assisted in providing the free breakfast and lunch program for students in New Haven, CT during the summer of 2011.


Action Against Hunger focuses on fighting hunger world wide.

Weight Watchers also recommends that its' members donate to the causes, to local food pantries, or purchase one of their Lose For Good items where all proceeds go to the cause of fighting hunger. I purchased the pink Lose for Good T-Shirt (in size Large!!!!) and have donated 12 pounds of food to my meeting location (which is giving their food to the Portland Food Pantry in Portland, CT).

This is a great cause and a great motivation. For every pounds of fat that I lose I donate one pound of food to the local food pantry, so as I lose I not only make myself healthier but I am helping those who are less fortunate. Makes me feel good on so many levels. I will keep doing this even after Weight Watcher's Lose for Good Campaign is over.

Thank you Weight Watchers- you are helping me to change my life and my priorities!!

No comments:

Post a Comment