Weight Loss Progress

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Welcome Back everyone!

Hello everyone! It has been a while since my last post, a long while. I know I am a horrible blogger. But I am back after one summer month off I am back- even now that I am on vacation in Brownsville, TX. I just want everyone to know that I was not posting because I was just really busy between tending to my new pup, prepping for vacation, monitoring and analyzing my diet, working out, and trying to squeeze in some fun during my first month of vacation.

As for my progress I made my first goal early in July of reaching 220lbs. I made a second goal of reaching 210lbs when Josie and I left for vacation and I just got there- but I did it! And my next small goal is to get to onderland by the time school starts in September. I have lost 75lbs in total and want to lose about 70 more pounds but that can change as I get closer to that realm.

My 5k goal has been put on hold till I get below at least 200 to be as easy on my joints as possible. And I have not started Yoga yet, but as soon as I hit onderland I am going to order P90x and start that program. When I finish that I should be more than ready to start the 5k training and it includes some Yoga work to start that.

As for my current exercise I go to the gym at least 5 days a week and do 35-45 minutes of cardio, 20-40 minutes of lifting, and 15 minutes of stretching and ab work. On the days I don't go to the gym I still do something like walk, mow the lawn or swim/walk the beach. Staying active is a priority to both Josie and me now!

I am really working on my diet and it is a work in progress. Protein first is my mantra, I have to eat protein before anything else. I do not eat refined carbs like pasta or added sugar. My meal focuses around protein and then two to three ounces of a vegetable side. For treats it's fruits, protein shakes, milk, a tablespoon of raw mixed nuts, cheese, or yogurt.

As I said I am going on vacation today and am really worried about being on the road, eating out, an not having my scales and measuring equipment as usually I weigh or measure everything. But I am going to stick to eating slow(30min per meal), chewing more than 25 times per mouthful, protein first, and no refined carbs, sugar, or alcohol. I may not be in my element but I am still in control of what I eat an how much. I still want to lose this week and gaining is not an option if I want to get to onderland by the start of school.

I am motivated and fully enjoy my new healthy lifestyle and healthy foods. I will not allow myself setbacks and this is a lifestyle that will always be with me- vacation or not!





Joe's Crab Shack is where I will have dinner on my first day of vacation. I researched their menu and compared nutrition info and Josie and I will be sharing the King Lobster Feast with me eating the crab and Josie having the lobster. We will skip the butter, corn, and potatoes.

There are healthy choices anywhere you just need to research, plan, and decipher the menu.

Till tomorrow! <3


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. I know I cannot enjoy yer vacation as much as you are, but I plan to follow this blog, whether your in New England, Texas or Harbin, China. You share great enthusiasm. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete