Weight Loss Progress

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Day Two of Vacation

Today was day two of vacation and I am not overly happy with the quality of food that I ate. It was delicious, but I sort of got peer pressured into eating two tortilla chips and a small piece of corn tortilla. I don't know if it was the carbs or that I ate too much(I don't think that was it as I didn't eat that much, probably less than 6oz, but a good three ounces of that was authentic guacamole) but I felt bloated and horrible for the rest of the evening. I will not be doing that again, I am really not liking being out of my element, I don't have access to scales at restaurants, I don't know what they put in the food for certain, and with visiting people I am not eating at my usual times (last night I had dinner at 9pm central time or 10pm eastern time. I'm just not use to this.

Today we went to the gym in the morning- Gold's Gym of Brownsville, TX. It is nice, but we must have gone on a bad day because a bunch of the machines were not working and they had no normal elliptical machines so we had to use the treadmill. I walked for an hour and then Josie wanted to leave to spend time with her family(the reason we are here) so there was no weights today. But it was nice to work out and be active for a bit, but I miss my home gym!

For breakfast I had my Metamucil and my protein shake made with skim milk(which is harder to find here!) I wanted to eat something light after my dinner last night and not feeling well. My stomach appreciated that and was fine after breakfast.

We had a late lunch at Pirate's Landing because we spent the day at Schlitterban Water Park. We had the Mexican Shrimp Cocktail and six oysters on the half shell for an appetizer (which could have been our whole meal) and we ordered a broiled seafood plate which included shrimp, sea scallops, and five coconut shrimp (Josie wanted those). We ended up taking the vast majority of that home and I had the broiled shrimp for a snack later in the evening.



Mexican Shrimp Cocktail



Oysters on the Half-shell



Fun pick of me as a pirate! Arrr!!

For dinner we were going to go get tacos at Yoli's Tacqueria (which I remember being awesome), but as we were in line we got a call from Josie's Aunt saying she had food at her house. So we went there and it was 9:30 by the time we got there which is 10:30 eastern time. They had stuffed shells (I know travel all the way to Texaco to have Italian food....WTF!) which were good and I ate the inside I'd one stuffed shell. When in Rome....or this case....when in Brownsville......

Overall, I had a fun day today and now my butt is sore from the water park. Josie is having a great time with her family and I know how much she loves her family down here. It is nice to see her happy and around her family. We are with my family so much, this is her time.

I do miss my puppies, my house, my gym, and the total control of the food that I eat when at home. But I will continue to make healthy choices and not eat that much while trying to enjoy myself as this is a vacation.

Till tomorrow! <3

The beautiful water of South Padre Island


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment