Weight Loss Progress

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Day Three of Vacation

We got up at 7am (8am eastern time) and went to the gym. Thirty five minutes of walking on the treadmill, thirty minutes of weights (entire upper body), and fifteen minutes of stretching.

We then went to a bakery that Josie's friend owns for Pan Dulce (Mexican Sweet Bread) and stopped at a gas station (yes, a gas station) for breakfast tacos with made by hand, on premises (I saw the little woman making them by hand in front of me as we waited) flour tortillas. I did not have one as I had my Metamucil and protein shake for breakfast, but they do look and smell good. It's funny in Connecticut I would not eat anything from a gas station, but it actually looks nice and fresh here.

After this we prepared for Tropical Storm Don- completely a waste of time and was nothing more than a rain event for about two hours. So, we could not go to the island like I had hoped for. Instead we hung out at her grandparents and had a birthday celebration for her cousin. We also discovered Moyo Frozen Yogurt, which is awesome- no sugar added and fat free. I had the plain and the sweet potato root mixed together and it was awesome, I also had some mango, pineapple, and strawberries on top (all fresh and delicious)! I am in love with no sugar added frozen yogurt- once I get home and have access to my Mac again I am going to find out how to make frozen yogurt out of high protein Greek Yogurt and then I will become an expert! I wonder if I need one of those ice cream machines like a Cuisineart??

One good diet thing that came out of me coming down here (besides my new love for froyo) is my new interest in different fruits as I really want to try pomegranates, papayas, and a few other fruits that I don't have too often or ever.



Moyo's frozen yogurt




Yummy, my yogurt!

As for my dinner I had Authentic Mexican Fajitas (not that shit from Chili's) from Kiki's in Brownsville. I had about 4 ounces of meat without tortillas but with hot sauce and half a cup of frijoles charros. It was great and I am glad that nothing like that is available in CT because it is too high caloric to have daily or weekly. But my protein count was good! Lol!

Then we went out and danced at a local club and I must have drank 5 bottles of water (I know ......wild child I am!) and had a good time with Josie and her brother and cousin.

We finished the night off at 2am with a chicken burger (sans bun) from Whataburger.

All in all, we had a fun day but are both looking forward to being home and back to our surroundings and life in CT!

Well, till tomorrow! <3



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. Ashley, I will be reading yer blog now. You are cool! I suppose it is sad to admit, however, reading this actually almost made me crave things I ought to purge from my world. Good luck. I wish you continued prosperity.

    ReplyDelete