Weight Loss Progress

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

The Golden Rules and Summer Goals

This is my first official week of summer vacation!!! Woot woot!!

I am psyched. I have ambitious but realistic goals for the summer and my weight loss/physical fitness.

I want to lose 25 pounds by the end of the summer. I think this is realistic, but with weight loss we will have to see how my body reacts. Currently my body is reacting very well, we will see.

I have decided to take a break on the C25K program until I lose 25 more pounds, I think the running was a bit too much for a few of my screws and I need to lose a bit more to reduce the stress.

So, I have decided to try biking again. I am getting my bike a full tune-up this week with a new tire, rim, hand grips, and Tush Cush seat. I left my bike outside for a month a few years ago and then I broke my tailbone in November 2009, after that it took a while for the thought of biking on my broken tailbone to not seem like volunteering for waterboard torture. I will take it cautiously, but I think my tailbone in ready and biking is easy on my other joints until a lose some more weight and can try running again.

I am also fully adapting the Four Golden Rules of Lapband by Dr. Kelly M. Fitzpatrick. This is pretty much what I am doing already, but now I have something to call it.

The Four Golden Rules

1. Avoid white flour and white sugar products
2. Avoid any processed food.
3. Avoid any food advertised on TV
4. Avoid Fast Food chains.

Just to let you all know as of today I am 83 days free of refined carbs! I feel sooooo much better.

I also want to fit two physically active things into every day, ie going to the gym in the AM and biking/walking/kayaking at night. It will increase my physical activity for the day as well as letting me enjoy the outside and nice weather.

I also am going to give yoga a serious try this summer, I found a Bikram Yoga Studio in Glastonbury, CT and am going to start next week. They have an unlimited special for ten days for $20, normally a class costs $18, so this is a good deal. Then if I really like it I can try to go two times per week or so.

Tomorrow I go for my second fill, I am going to ask for a very small fill (1cc at most). I do not want any complications especially when on vacation in Texas at the end of the month (where it is very hot and I have read the heat can affect the tightness of the band b/c it causes swelling). I will take a more aggressive fill again in August, but overall I want to take it slow after my first fill experience.

Well, I'm off to the gym for workout one of my Tuesday!

Peace and <3 to you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment