Weight Loss Progress

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Weight Watchers, Support Group, Nutritionist, and My First Fill

I decided yesterday that I was going to join Weight Watchers. I went to my first meeting this evening and enjoyed it. I need the meetings, I need the accountability, I need the tips, I need the behavior modifications that WW offers, and I need the "meeting" atmosphere. That is why I joined WW again, for the last time, because this time it is different- as is everything. I have no choice this time. I have all the tools at my disposal now I just need to change myself and my feelings surrounding food and all will be good. I will become a Lifetime member of Weight Watchers and I will succeed.

Now, I will fully admit that I am using Weight Watchers for their meetings, their behavior modifications, and for their healthy eating guidelines; but I know that I will not be able to follow the points system specifically right away. I have special circumstances with the band and that is not an option right now, and that is fine. I will attend the meetings (I am thinking at minimum two per week) and I will continue to track my diet and exercise with LoseIt.com; although I may also try to track with WW's tracker.

I think that between two WW meetings per week, the monthly WLS Support Group at Norwalk Hospital, my Nutritionist visits (about every six weeks), my various support systems, and my wonderful partner and family I will be good. I feel this part is just as important as any other part to this healthy lifestyle change. I need to address my emotional attachments to food as well as find modifications to my behavior so that I can have a normal relationship with food.

One thing that remains the same is that I think that sugar and white flour are big ol' devils in white dresses. I will not tempt myself with any of these for a long while, I have no room for them in my life and really I feel a lot better without them in my system.

Finally, my first fill is tomorrow in Fairfield. I am hoping for a conservative fill, I don't want anything too  drastic too soon. I also am able to go about three to four hours between meals without getting hunger pains, so we will see what Dr. Floch says. I also have some questions for him about snacking, one of my incision scars, and what constitutes two days of liquids after the fill. I am sure I will get some more questions floating around in my head before tomorrow afternoon.

I will post tomorrow and let you all know how the fill goes. Goodnight everyone. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment