Weight Loss Progress

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Trigger Foods

I was reading a post over at Obesity Help and one woman said that she attends Weight Watchers and OA as well as participates in many online forums/support groups. One of the activities she had to do for OA is to write down a list of all of her trigger foods, from there she decided to cut them out of her life for good. I am going to create a list of my trigger foods and then cut them out permanently.

Trigger Foods

  1. Double Stuffed Oreos (Goodbye my love!!!!!)
  2. Milk Chocolate (Hershey and Cadbury Dairy Milk)
  3. Peanut Butter Cups
  4. Peanut Butter Cup Blizzard from DQ 
  5. Pretty much all food with loads of added sugar (not natural sugar); ie, cakes, yodels, ice cream, muffins, cupcakes, etc.
  6. Anything with a cartoon animal on the box (usually signifies sweets and chocolate and sugar)
  7. Snacky foods (pretzels, chips, etc) 
This is my list of Trigger Foods, it is a work in progress and I most likely will be adding food to the list as I continue to relearn how to eat and live, but it is a start. 

I know this may seem crazy to say I will never eat these foods again, but I really think that I am better off without them. The foods on that list trigger something inside of me to crave more and eat more and then crave more. I need to stop the cycle and with that I need to continue not having them be any part of my life.  So goodbye Mr. DoubleStuffed. Goodbye Mr. Hershey and Mr. Cadbury. Goodbye Mr. Reeces and your wife Mrs. Peanut Butter Cup Blizzard. Goodbye the evil spirt known as Sugar. And goodbye Mr. Carb/Sugar filled snack! Your services are not required here anymore, so please leave respectfully so  no one gets hurt! 

<Page Break>

Food Log

Breakfast: 1 egg with 1 slice of american cheese and salsa/ketchup
Lunch: 4oz of turkey/mushroom/spinach chili & 1oz mixed fruit
Snack: One cup 1% milk w/ half a scoop Body Fortress Whey Protein
Dinner: 4.5 oz turkey/mushroom/spinach chili & .5oz creamed spinach
Water: 50oz

Gym: 28 minutes on the treadmill walking (2 days in a row- thanks Josie for the support!)

I am proud of my progress whether I see a weight loss this week or not I am definitely living a healthier lifestyle. 

Goodnight! <3

1 comment:

  1. Crystal Sonn, RDH, BSDHMay 17, 2011 at 9:07 PM

    Amazing Ashley...you are making me feel like it is my turn for change...xoxo...

    ReplyDelete