Weight Loss Progress

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Sunday's Status Update

Today I had Sunday Dinner over at my parents and for the first time in five weeks I actually ate a somewhat normal meal. The amount of food was drastically different then before, but I was able to eat a small piece of tilapia and a few tablespoons of soft vegetables.  It was excellent! I paced myself during the meal taking 30 minutes to finish my meal and only once or twice did I notice that since I was in conversation I did not chew my food to a pureed consistency. Overall, my meal tonight was excellent on all levels.

For dessert my Mom got me this Jell-O Pudding Swirl that is Sugar Free and Sugar Free Cool Whip. Well, I don't know if I just didn't like it or if maybe my tastes are changing but I thought that it sucked. I had one or two spoonfuls and that was it.

For this week I bought ground chicken and ground turkey with a bunch of different types of seasoning (taco, chili, fajita, tomatoes w/ garlic, and some Indian jarred stuff that was not that horrible for you) and zucchini, mushrooms, and potatoes for vegetables.

In Cooking Light Magazine this month they had some really good recipes for microwaved potatoes that you then "smash" up to make smashed potatoes. You add different spices and you get different types of smashed potatoes. I will give that a try this week and see how they are. I will report back to you all on that one.

Tomorrow I am going to go to the gym with Josie after work. I think I am finally ready to start going again and with Josie as my support team I will keep going!

My water intake for today was so/so. I think probably around 40oz and one cup of tea. Not horrible, but considering my soy sauce intake from yesterday I probably could use some more!

My menu for today was:

Breakfast: One egg omelet with one piece of 2% cheese (awesome and my new go to breakfast)
Lunch: Protein Shake (1 cup 1% milk with 2/3 scoop of Whey Protein-Chocolate) <Finally, found a shake I like!!!!>
Dinner: 4oz tiliapia and 1 oz mixed sautéed vegetables (squash, onions, and tomatoes).
Dessert: 1oz pudding (if that, I really did not like it)

I have decided I am going to start taking pictures again. Pictures for the blog but also pictures in general. I have an iPhone 4 with a really good camera, a Canon Point-and-Shoot digital camera, and a Canon DSLR.  I enjoy photography, so I am going to start utilizing that outlet again. I have also started reading a bit, my Aunt Helen got me a ton of books from the library, so that is one other thing to keep me busy. I am going to start working out tomorrow. And I am toying with the idea of starting to play golf again once the weather gets nicer, but I would need clubs and that could end up being expensive. Golf may have to wait for next year. But I should be good with walking, going to the gym and working out, cooking, blogging, photography, and reading.

We will see, but I am feeling good and hope that this week I will see the scale moving downwards.

Have a good night everyone. Sleep tight. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment