I hope you enjoy the recipe as I have enjoyed this meal for the past three days. I used half a small package of ground turkey and this has lasted me three days for lunch and dinner. Before that would have been one or maybe two meals. What a difference a band makes!
Turkey A' La Ash
1/2 of a small package of ground turkey (90% fat free)
1/2 cup of sliced Baby Bella Mushrooms
1 cup frozen chopped spinach
Garlic Powder to taste
3 tablespoons cumin
1 package chili mix
1 cup salsa
One large tablespoon of Chobani FF Yogurt
- Heat large saute pan over medium heat
- Once hot add mushrooms and cook until brown
- Microwave 1 cup frozen chopped spinach with 2 tbs water for 2 minutes
- Once mushrooms are browned add ground turkey, garlic powder, and cumin.
- As turkey cooks make certain to chop up turkey very fine (don't want any PB's)
- When turkey is practically done add spinach, chili mix, and salsa.
- Add more spices as needed. Cook until meat, chili mix and spinach are all properly mixed.
- When serving add one large tablespoon of Chobani FF Yogurt to top (in place of sour cream for taste, texture, and protein boost)
This is a basic recipe that is not pretty, but for those of us on soft foods who are budget conscious and can't afford seafood every meal then it is an option. And after not eating for one month it tastes damn good! ;-)
Breakfast: One egg omelet with one oz shredded mexican cheese w/ salsa and ketchup
Lunch: Turkey A' La Ash
Snack: One cup of milk with 2/3 scoop of protein powder
Dinner: Turkey A'La Ash (1 cup pho broth and 1/2 a shrimp)
50 oz of water
30 minutes of walking at brisk pace on treadmill (three days of the gym in a row!! woot woot!)
Goodnight everyone. Tomorrow is weight-in day and I am really not expecting much in terms of weight loss, but maybe a miracle will happen overnight! <3