Weight Loss Progress

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Recipe Wednesday

Sea Bass with Asparagus (from Men's Health Magazine, April 2011)

Ingredients:

2-12 inch squares of aluminum foil
2- 4oz fillets of Sea Bass, halibut, or other firm white fish
12 Asparagus spear tips only
1/8 lb shiitake mushrooms, stems removed
1 tbsp grated fresh ginger
2 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
2 tbsp mirin or sake
Salt & Pepper to taste

Directions:

1. Preheat the oven to 400 F. Lay the foil pieces on a counter and place a fillet in the middle of both foil pieces. Scatter the asparagus tips, mushrooms, and ginger on top of the fish.

2. Drizzle each fillet with soy sauce and mirin and season with a small pinch of salt and pepper.

3. Fold the foil over the ingredients and crimp the edges to seal. Place the packets on a large baking sheet and bake 20 to 25 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fillets.

215 calories, 5 grams carbs, 4 grams of fat, and 13 grams of protein.

Today's Notes

Tomorrow I start the soft food week of my Post-diet experience. That is what inspired the recipe for Sea Bass above, starting tomorrow I can eat fish and chicken and ground turkey/chicken. I can eat non-gasous cooked vegetables. I can eat fruit in juice/splenda type syrup.

The Doctor said that I can now start eating 900-1000 calories per day. This may be a good thing.

Today I ate:

Breakfast: 1 egg with ketchup
Lunch: 3.5 ounces chicken w/ light mayo
Snack: 1/4 cup whipped cottage cheese
Dinner: 1oz mashed potatoes, 4 oz chicken pureed with 1/2 cup mushroom gravy.
Snack: Green tea w/ one Truvia

I am ready for the soft food phase, chewing my food to near puree in my mouth, and taking 20 to 30 minutes to eat my meal. Bring it! Can't wait for a nice omelet this weekend and a piece of fish tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment