Weight Loss Progress

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Recipe One: Mexican Style Salmon

I love Cinco de Mayo. I am not Mexican but Josie is. I am not one to celebrate St. Patrick's Day usually, but I guess you can say I like Mexican culture and food. As I'm sure you know tomorrow is Cinco de Mayo, so I want Josie to make Mexican Salmon (which we both love), it is really easy to make and it is delicious. I was thinking if the nutritionist says it is ok, I will have Josie puree me up some and the liquid from the tomato and salmon should make a somewhat delicious puree that is Mexican oriented for Cinco de Mayo. Below you will find the recipe, keeping with my new plan for the blog on Wednesdays I will post a recipe that looks good, tastes good, and most importantly is Lap Band friendly.

 Mexican Style Salmon(made for 2 people)
2 Portions of salmon
1 Plum tomato- diced
1/2 of one small white onion- diced
Handful of chopped cilantro
Three Tablespoons of EVOO

Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
Get one large piece of aluminum foil (enough to make pouch out of).
Put one tablespoon of EVOO on the bottom of the aluminum foil and spread out.
Place the Salmon, fillet skin side down, on the aluminum foil.
Take all ingredients and put on the flesh side of the salmon fillet.
Wrap up and seal all corners to make a pouch.
Bake at 375 for 20-30 minutes, when done the salmon should easily flake.

Enjoy.

Tomorrow I am going to post my weight loss to date and I am creating a chart to do so. Also, starting tomorrow I am going to post what I have eaten for the day. Right now it is really not too important as I am having protein shakes, protein shakes, yogurt, and maybe some pureed & strained soup. Starting on the pureed stage (tomorrow ;-) ) I will post in more detail what I am eating on a daily basis.

Also, if anyone uses LoseIt I am on there and you can feel free to friend me. It is an awesome program and it has a iPhone app and a nice website interface as well. Check it out at Loseit.com. It is free, tracks your weight, your goals, and daily food nutrition intake giving you a daily and weekly progress.

Have a good day everyone and I hope you celebrate Cinco de Mayo tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. **also a dash of salt and pepper or lime juice

    ReplyDelete