Weight Loss Progress

Monday, May 23, 2011

Monday Monday

I went to the gym today with Josie in the evening for an hour and got in a solid 45 minutes on the treadmill with my new sneakers. I have to say I really like my new sneakers even though that reason why I had to get them makes me highly irritated, but I guess that is not this pairs fault.
Nike LunarGlide 2+

Arn't they pretty? In blue, my favorite color!!!! 

I made a recipe from this month's Men Health- Curried Chicken.

Ingredients:
2 Chicken Thighs (boneless and skinless and organic)
1/2 cup fat free Chobani Plain Greek Yogurt
3/4 teaspoon Curry Powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper

I chopped up the chicken thighs and put them in a bowl. I then mixed all of the remaining ingredients thoroughly, mixing evenly. I combined both in the big bowl, mixed well, covered, and then put in the refrigerator to marinate while I went to the gym. 

When I got back I put a medium fry pan(well "Pammed") on medium-low heat and once heated I put the meat in. The meat cooked for about 4 minutes on one side and 4 minutes on the other. (There was a lot of liquid as I cooked so the second four minutes allotted some time for the liquid to cook into the curried chicken. 

I served myself three ounces of the curried chicken with one ounce of sweet potato w/out skin (one of the stick-in-the microwave varieties) and just a smidgen of low fat butter for the potato. 
It was divine!!!!


With this recipe I had dinner, lunch for tomorrow, and some for my omelet in the morning! 

Not too shabby if you ask me. Cheap, easy, tasty, and lasts a while!

Goodnight everyone! <3


No comments:

Post a Comment