Weight Loss Progress

Friday, April 29, 2011

LapBand Talk

I was just on LapBand Talk now and I was reading a post from two people who had surgery on the same day as me (cool I thought) and then they started talking about having crackers with their soup, adding cheese to it, and eating half a meatball!

Now, I'm not certain about these two members but I had the Lap Band because I wanted to change my eating habits and needed help. I think cheating in the first week post-op is pretty damn stupid. I am too worried to even put hot sauce in my broth never mind eating a cracker or a meatball. Why don't we just eat a damn pizza together and wash that down with bucket of Ben and Jerry's Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough? I mean it worked for us so well in the past!!!

Maybe this is where I get obsessive, but I follow the rules. And if the rules say clear liquids only then that is what this sister does. I guess people are different and I know I have issues with foods and trigger foods. I know that I need to see a Behavior Psychologist and go to support groups to come to terms with my food issues. But to cheat this early really makes me want to slap them, we have been given this chance to change ourselves physically and mentally...why fuck it up for a cracker or half a meatball?

To each his or her own, but I think it shows the psychological aspects of food and the power food has over people. That has changed for me, food will not control me anymore and I will not cheat the band or myself for a fucking cracker or meatball!

I'm done with this rant, but I needed to get this off of my chest.

2 comments:

  1. So true! I totally know where you're coming from and what you're dealing with...but I admire your tenancity and keep up the great work chica!-Jazz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are there OA meetings around you? One of my close friends out here goes to them and finds them helpful in terms of dealing with the emotional triggers and addiction patterns. I have been enjoying reading your blog entries!! Hope to see you this summer Ash!! XOXO Becky

    ReplyDelete