Weight Loss Progress

Monday, April 25, 2011

First Day Back to Work

Today was my first day back to work, four days post-op, and I think this may have been a little bit too early. I am still a little sore and walking around a lot and talking in my "teacher voice" is a little difficult. I have decided that I am taking a half day today and most likely won't come in for Tuesday. I know that I could make it through another day, but I think it will be better for my recover (and my mental health) if I take my first official sick day of the year. I know I am amazing or as Joe and my sister like to call me a "kiss ass".

I went to Target today after work to look for some more Gas-X strips, which by the way are impossible to find and I'm still on the look-out for, and I ended up leaving with the cutest little children's plates ever. I got the sloted tray plates in pink and blue and the matching bowls, plates, and drinking cups for both sets. I know...cutest....thing....ever!

I also picked up this 4qt Deep Saute Pan by Giada, I read that the deep saute pans are good for many cooking methods like poaching and braising. I don't know if this is true, but I know that I will need to braise and poach and do whatever it takes to keep my meat as moist as possible.

And for the best purchase.......an OXO fish turner- a special turner just to flip fish and fish cakes. And I will be eating a lot of fish in the near future. So this is exciting to me.

I realized one thing that I forgot to get that I will actually need in the nearer future is a strainer, so that I can strain my Cream of Chicken soup in the 2nd Food Stage that should start for me on Friday. Woo hoo!

A funny thing, I am still not that hungry. I hope that this stays until Friday, I would loathe being constantly hungry and only able to eat broth or jell-o. But we will see what happens. Only time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment