Weight Loss Progress

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Dr. Dre's New Song with Eminem

I have been listening to Dr. Dre's new song with Eminem "I Need A Doctor" and I find the song to really be resonating strong with me right now.

For those of you who do not follow rap too much the song is basically Eminem talking to Dr. Dre to come back to rapping and get his life back (Dre hasn't put out an album in about a decade). In the song Eminem is telling Dre to come back to life and stop being depressed about different situations and to start doing what he loves again.

That is how I feel....I guess you don't realize how something is bothering you and totally affecting your life until you start to make some changes. Now that I am on the liquid diet and am so close to having the lapband, I see what being overweight has done to my quality of life. I would not say I was depressed, but I have stopped doing many things that I used to like and have lost some of the fun that made up my life because of being so overweight. Now, that I have started losing weight I am feeling better and see the giant fog that was weighing me down.

Back to the poignancy of the song...... the chorus goes "You've been gone for so long........I need a Doctor to bring me back to life" and as I am about to have a surgery that will change my life forever I guess I need a doctor to bring me back to life!

No comments:

Post a Comment