Weight Loss Progress

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Day Two Post Op

I am two days post op. I feel ok, a little sore and quite gassy from the surgery. I am hoping that this gassiness goes away soon. I know that it is just part of the process, so I am taking Gas X Strips and Tiny Tummies to help the process along. 

I am trying Jell-O for the first time. I have been sort of scared to try too much. I have been drinking diluted white grape juice and some Isopure Juice that is diluted down for protein. For some reason the broth, both beef and chicken, are just not appealing to me at all right now. I hope this improves as I have a week of clear liquid and although I am not hungry right now I think that may change within the next few days. 

I have been taking the Oxycodone Elixir for the past few days for the pain and it works, but it makes me tired as hell. I took a four hour nap today...and I don't usually take naps. I guess that is more like going back to sleep though instead of a nap. 

My stomach feels sore, I think it is where the port is. My Mother keeps asking if I feel the band and I do not think that I feel the band. I think the soreness comes from where they attached the port to the stomach muscle. Beyond that and gas I am ok. 

Tomorrow is Easter and I am going to my Mothers. This will be the first holiday of my "new life", I will be enjoying broth and juice. 

I have realized that I will really need to find something to do with my free time. Whether it is this blog, I really do want to expand on some healthy recipes that I found, or volunteering somewhere or working out, I just know that I need to find a couple things that will help me change my relationship with food and eating. I do like blogging, so I think that this will be a big part of that. 

Well, Josie is watching the original Arthur because everyone thought that it was a travesty that we never saw the original Arthur. I sort of like the one with Russell Brand more. And I love Netflix Instant Streaming....it is really helping pass the time. 

Happy Easter, everyone. I got Josie a iTunes card so that the holiday is not surrounded by food always. Another step in the right direction. 

Good night!


No comments:

Post a Comment